Tuesday, November 3, 2009

How did Star Trek get on the School Library Blog?

More fun websites from the Oklahoma State Department of Education's Web 2.0 Playground: Put your head on someone else's body at http://www.bodyswitcher.com

I was going to put my head on some gorgeous body but when the first click brought up a picture of Spock and Bones, I knew I had to use my son-in-law's head. Besides being a Trekky, Shawn is married to my daughter, has a Bachelor's Degree from Virginia Tech, a Master's degree from Yale, a Masters Degree & a PhD from University of Maryland, College Park and is currently working on his Post Doc at NYU. Oh yeah, they live in Greenwich Village, Manhattan, New York City. Fun.

This is all great and good, but what does it have to do with the Indiahoma School Library? On one of their visits, Shawn was a guest teacher in my Computer Warrior's class. He showed the students how to use Microsoft Excel to chart the heat generated by a combustion engine. Important stuff to know if you are building a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment