Monday, November 14, 2011

KS's Veterans Day

Veterans Day










The military means a lot in my life. Ever since I have been little I have always wanted to be a nurse that deals with kids in the Army. I also have family and friends that have been in the military or have wanted to be in the military but couldn't fulfill their dreams. My dad
was in the Army for 8 years or longer and my mom wanted to be in the air force but wasn't able to because she didn't want to leave me alone.

My dad was deployed in Iraq when he first got hurt. He got shot in the arm and has a scar from it to this day. He got a purple heart award from this. MY dad also was witness to his best friend getting blown up during this same year in Iraq. It was terrible but his friend died honoring his country and I personally couldn't think of a better way to die. I am going to honor my country and serve in the Army.


No comments:

Post a Comment